Hi,

for basic auth just put a <server/> element [1] with the same id as your
repository definition in your settings.xml. If you want more security
than just basic auth, there is a guide [2] describing authentication
with client certificates over https on the maven homepage.

-Tim

[1] http://maven.apache.org/settings.html#Servers
[2] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-repository-ssl.html

Mike Leonardo schrieb:
Hello,

My company has an internal maven repo that I would like to have accessible from
the outside. The problem
is that it's a private repo - so we want to at least have basic auth on it when
it is externally accessible.
Up until now we've been just using vpn - but we we've been having
issues with our vpn software. How can I set
up my applications to use the repo, but somehow include a basic auth
username and password to connect to the repo?

- Mike