Hi there:

I have a maven web project which produces a war
artifact, say foo-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war

This war file contains a java properties file,
foo.properties, specifying the default,
deployment-specific configuration variables to be used
in production:

db.host=production.foo.com
db.name=production_db
db.url=jdbc:mysql://${db.host}/${db.name}
db.user=admin
db.password=admin
  :
other props...

In maven this file resides in the usual place, under
/src/main/resources.  I also have another file, under
/src/test/resources/foo.properties with entirely
different deployment values:

db.host=test.foo.com
db.name=test_db
db.url=jdbc:mysql://${db.host}/${db.name}
db.user=dev
db.password=dev
  :
other props...

I would really like to use this test properties file
for my integration tests, without having to package it
in the final war.

Is there a way to tell the maven-war-plugin to
generate two wars, say foo-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war and
foo-1.0-SNAPSHOT-test.war, where the former contains
my production deployment properties while the later
packages the test deployment properties?

Any examples would be greatly appreciated.

If this is not possible with maven-war-plugin, is
there an alternative mechanism to achieve the same
result?

Thanks.