depends on access capability to the urls especially the required plugins
an example would be

 <distributionManagement>
  <repository>
   <id>apache-repo</id>
   <name>Maven Central Repository</name>

<url>scpexe://people.apache.org//www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync
-repository</url>
  </repository>
  <snapshotRepository>
   <id>apache-snapshots</id>
   <name>Apache Development Repository</name>

<url>scpexe://people.apache.org//www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repo
sitory</url>
  </snapshotRepository>
 </distributionManagement>

If  you cant reach the urls using the indicated protocol scp/sftp/whatever
protocol maybe the site is down?
you can *try* pulling all your plugins locally to a localRepository but that
will take a while

Here is an <localRepository> example from settings.xml
  <localRepository>F:/maven-plugin</localRepository>

HTH
M-