Manfred, sorry it took me so long to respond. (I wasn't subscribed to the user list until yesterday.... ).

On Apr 13, 2008, at 11:14 PM, Manfred Moser wrote:

Jason van Zyl-2 wrote:

Right, this is where the book-like features are missing from Doxia and
though I would like to fix them the primary concern at hand was
getting the Maven book out.

Sounds like my suspicion is correct and you can currently not use Doxia to create something like the Definitive Guide. I hope I am wrong and somebody can show me how to get it going but at this stage I have the feeling I will
have to learn docbook ..

Here, I wrote about why we converted to DocBook:
http://blogs.sonatype.com/book/2008/04/14/1208177100000.html

I know it isn't party line in Mavenland, but I can't stand APT. Writing a 500+ page book that has to stay up to date for a few decades, you've got to think about things like roundtrip from wiki- like to pre-print back to wiki-like. IMO, if you really are writing a big book, writing it in APT would be like trying to sail the pacific in a small raft, you can certainly do it. Now, there's an idea brewing out there about creating some good roundtrip tools from doxia markup to docbook and then back again. If we ever see that, then I think that's going to be the thing that people migrate to, but I can't wait for that to materialize.