From: mikeottinger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 4:06 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Adding maven-compiler-plugin to super POM

Hello, I'm trying to come up with a way such that new maven projects I
create
are ready to use JDK 1.5 by inheritance from a super POM. I'm having no
luck, hence this post. I'm new to maven (thanks to this forum for
telling me
maven defaults to jdk 1.3) so super POMs are a little unfamiliar to me,
from
searching this forum I'm told that creating a pom.xml in the parent
directory of my project "somehow" does the trick. I created one, added
the
plugin for maven-compiler-plugin, ran mvn install, but I still get jdk
compiling errors. Does anyone have any suggestions in setting a jdk
level
globally for my environment? Are super POMs even the way to go? I tend
create a lot of little projects for prototyping and having to tell Maven
want jdk 1.5 for each of them is annoying. Thanks in advance!