I'm finding it impossible to upload files to a remote repository using the
deploy plugin.
I've setup a tunnel to the server and have all authentication setup
properly. I can ssh/scp through the tunnel with no problems, and the maven
deploy plugin will go so far as to create the directories required for
deployment of the new artifact.
However, when it gets to the point where it needs to upload a file, it just
freezes forever, with no error message. Has anyone encountered something
like the following before?

$ mvn deploy
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Something
[INFO]    task-segment: [deploy]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] No tests to run.
[INFO] [jar:jar]
[INFO] [install:install]
[INFO] Installing blahblahblah.jar
[INFO] [deploy:deploy]
altDeploymentRepository = null
[INFO] Retrieving previous build number from dev
[INFO] repository metadata for: 'snapshot group:artifact:1.0-SNAPSHOT' could
not be found on reposi
tory: somerepo, so will be created
Uploading: scpexe://localhost:9006/blahblahblah.jar