--- nicolas de loof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I'm planning my release process with help of the release plugin :
>
> 1. my project is version N-SNAPSHOT
> 2. running release:prepare tags my project as version N and commit POM for
> N+1-SNAPSHOT
> 3. running release:perform creates the binary distribution from tag
> 4. I deploy the binary to my validation server and start acceptance testing.
> If all is OK, I can distribute the release
> 5. If anything is wrong, running release:rollback reverts to N-SNAPSHOT and
> I can fix the code and go back to step 1. I just rename the Tag in SVN to
> "N-rcX"
>
> Looks good to me, but according to the documentation, release:perform
> removes the release.properties and pom.backup files, so I'll not be able to
> run the rollback.

Thats because you'll get a release-version (not a snapshot) deployed into your
distribution
repository after release:perform has been executed successfully. And it is not
a good idea to
overwrite existing releases as you surely know.

Can't you live with 'unused' releases? If the answer is no, then you'll
probably have to do the
testing with snapshot versions. Or maybe a 'rc' or 'beta' staging solves this
management problem.

LieGrü,
strub

      Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails auf dem Handy.