Yes, you can.

Take a look at:

maven-assembly-plugin (version 2.2-beta-2 i believe)

Define an assembly descriptor project as

<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <artifactId>your-artifact-id</artifactId>
  <groupId>your-group_id</groupId>
  <version>your-version</version>
  <packaging>assembly-descriptor</packaging>
  <build>
    <extensions>
      <extension>
        <artifactId>maven-assembly-artifact-types</artifactId>
        <version>2.2-beta-2</version>
      </extension>
    </extensions>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <version>2.2-beta-2</version>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

And use it in other project like:

        <plugin>
          <executions>
            <execution>
              <id>do-assembly</id>
              <goals>
                <goal>attached</goal>
              </goals>
            </execution>
          </executions>
          <configuration>
            <descriptors>

<descriptor>your-group-id:your-artifact-id:your-version</descriptor>
            </descriptors>
          </configuration>
        </plugin>

Kind regards,