On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> the jar has a <parent> element. Is it mandatory to deploy the root pom?

If you declare a dependency on the jar, Maven will complain if it
can't find the parent pom.

> For some reason site.xml is deployed too.

That's expected, it's for inheritance when building the project
websites.  (Menus, etc.)

> Let's wait for 2.4 :-( Any release timeframe?

There are two remaining issues but IMO they can be pushed off to a
future release.  One is a new feature, the other is dependent on an
issue in Wagon that isn't fixed yet.  No promises on a date, but the
deploy and war plugins are on my list as needing releases.

--
Wendy