Hi,

your XML does not start with the XML processing instruction or a byte order mark

All my poms start with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
I guess a byte order mark is optional for UTF-8.

It's a multi module project, and I don't even know which is the offending pom.xml among a dozen poms.
My bet is that it's the parent pom. This is the log:

[INFO] Transforming 'Parent'...
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error reading POM: Error on line 1: Content is not allowed in prolog.

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error reading POM: Error
on line 1: Content is not allowed in prolog.
(...)
Caused by: org.jdom.input.JDOMParseException: Error on line 1: Content is not al
lowed in prolog.
       at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:468)
       at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:851)
at org.apache.maven.shared.release.phase.AbstractRewritePomsPhase.transformProject(AbstractRewritePomsPhase.java:143)

AbstractRewritePomsPhase could be more error friendly and say which file is problematic.

Thanks,
Danilo