hi,

i want to reference external libs by having classpath entries in the
MANIFEST.MF. it is set by configuring the maven-jar-plugin (add classpath):

<plugin>
 <configuration>
  <finalName>${artifactId}</finalName>
  <archive>
   <manifest>
    <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
    <classpathPrefix>lib/</classpathPrefix>
   </manifest>
  </archive>
 </configuration>
</plugin>

of course this would only work if there are no timestamps attached to the
snapshot-jar filenames. i tried to switch it off by setting
<uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion> in my parent-pom. never the less maven
still downloads the jars with these annoying snapshot timestamps, so
classpath referencing from MANIFEST.MF does not work. to exclude problems
with my local repository i deleted it, but this did not solve the timestamp
issue either.

i am using archiva as my internal repository-proxy. could this be a archiva
or a maven issue? has anybody solved a similar problem? i am using archiva
1.0.1 and maven 2.0.8 command line.

thanks for help.

-----
manuel aldana