On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:23 AM, vicki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I have a maven's subproject that runs tests against the artifacts of its
>  piers subprojects. Obviously, In other words, to run my tests I need to
>  create dependencies on the artifacts produced by the other subprojects. I
>  run my tests with maven's "exec" plugin. All the artifacts packaged as jars
>  are indeed on my classpath when I run maven exec. But dependencies on the
>  artifacts packaged as wars are not resolved in such a way that classes
>  directory inside these wars are put on the classpath.

Java simply has no concept of putting a war file on the classpath.  If
you have code in a war module that you need to use elsewhere, the best
idea is to move the code to a separate module that builds a jar.  That
jar then becomes a dependency of your war module plus any other module
that needs it.

If you absolutely can't move the code, the next version of the war
plugin will have the ability to deploy a classified/attached artifact
containing the code from a war module.

--
Wendy