Hey all,

I have a project that is creating a signed JAR off of a JAR built with
dependencies.  Up until recently (for the last year at least) it has
worked fine with my configuration.  All of a sudden it will not build
on Windows (but is fine on Linux).  The error I am getting is:

[INFO] jarsigner: unable to sign jar: java.util.zip.ZipException:
duplicate entry: com/mobilvox/../../applet/...Applet.class
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Result of cmd.exe /X /C '""C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\jre\..\bin\jarsigner.exe" -verbose -storepass
****** -keypass ****** -signedjar
C:\dev\workspace\proj-113\..\..\applet\target\signed\...-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\dev\workspace\proj-113\...\...target...-1.2-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar
MobilVox"' execution is: '1'.

When I look at the JAR I do actually have 2 of the .class files but,
the only places they exist are in the JAR in the build output
directory and the other is in buildOutputDirectory/classes

My environment:

Windows XP SP2
Maven 2.0.8
Java 1.6.0_2

Also, here is the pom configuration:

        <build>
                <plugins>
                        <plugin>
                                <configuration>
                                        <descriptorRefs>

<descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
                                        </descriptorRefs>
                                </configuration>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>make-assembly</id>
                                                <phase>package</phase>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>attached</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>
                        <plugin>
                                <configuration>
                                        <alias>...</alias>
                                        <keypass>...</keypass>
                                        <storepass>...</storepass>
                                        <jarPath>

${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}-jar-with-dependencies.${project.packaging}
                                        </jarPath>
                                        <signedjar>

${project.build.directory}/signed/${project.build.finalName}.jar
                                        </signedjar>
                                        <verify>true</verify>
                                        <verbose>true</verbose>
                                        <certs>true</certs>
                                </configuration>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>sign</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>
                </plugins>
        </build>

 Again, this works fine in Linux and worked for the last year up until
recently.

Thanks in advance,

Adam Altemus
MobilVox, Inc