Hi.

I currently have two (maven) projects which represent a single WAR.
Currently, the WAR is assembled via ANT in the second project.

Our requirements are to use Maven to continue to support the separation:

1. A jar project for static content for web application: *.js, *.html (for
web designers)
2. A war project for the dynamic content: (for java/jsp developers)

For the jar application, it's a regular maven application project where I
store my content under /src/main/resources. I then created an assembly to
pack the files into a .zip archive, storing the content at /. I thought, the
second project could pull in that static content and store it at
/src/main/webapp, but I'm not sure how to do it elegantly in maven or what
the best practice would be? Built-in plugin? Custom assembly? Attach at
which phase?

My questions are:

- What is the best way to structure the two projects (mainly the static
content)
- What is the best way to pull in the static content, during assembly, in
the war (web) application project?
- Would I benefit from a parent/child project or module relationship?
- Could you provide me some examples?

Any of your thoughts and help will be greatly appreciated. (I'm actively
reading as much as I can on my own, but I'm under a time constraint.)

Thank you,
George Craig