Magne Nordtveit schrieb:
> On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 01:11 -0700, youhaodeyi wrote:
>
>> I have downloaded some dependencies from remote repository into local
>> repository. But some of them don't have pom file. How can I generate pom
>> file for dependencies in local repository?
>>

> When you install it to your local repository, specify
> -DgeneratePom=true. If the artifact is automatically downloaded to your
> repository from another source (i.e. central) consider creating a
> thirdparty repo inhouse and deploy it to that (the -DgeneratePom=true
> should work for the deploy plugin aswell).

I'm not aware of any jars in the maven repos that do not have poms. But
if there are any, then you should be able to simply "reinstall" the jar
into your local repo using the instructions I referred you to before.
That will generate a "trivial" pom file.

I'm not sure why you'd bother doing this though. As far as I know the
only effect would be to shut up warnings about "trying to fetch pom".

What dependencies (groupId, artifactId, version) don't have poms?

Regards,
Simon