Maximilian Eberl schrieb:
> Hello everybody out there,
>
> I am new to maven and - Yes - I searched the
> archives and Google for hours.
>
> I have an application that needs to be configured
> on the client's desktop computer,
>
> Each configuration will be different. So I
> cannot pack the config file into the jar,
> what maven by default does. It needs to be
> distributed seperately with the jar.
>
> I tried 'resource-targetPath' and 'exclude'
> from jar. But the result was not a target
> directory parallel with the jar in target
> dir (so that I can zip and deploy it all
> together).
>
> I also need different libs and files
> depending on target os and arcitecture.
>
> Is there a standard maven way to do this?

The "jar" task is about building java jarfiles. Jarfiles are what you
pass to a JVM to run, or put on a classpath.

I think what you are looking for is the maven-assembly-plugin, which
allows you to build tarfiles, zipfiles, etc that are intended to be
unpacked. Documentation about that plugin is available on the maven site.

Regards,
Simon