Hang on until tomorrow when we (hopefully) release version 2.2 of the plugin. That release includes updated docs for what you are asking for. Watch this list for the release announcement.

shinjan sen wrote:
Hi,
I was trying to integrate my custom checkstyle configuration XML into maven
build as follows:

<reporting>
 <plugins>
  <plugin>
   <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>2.0-alpha-2</version>
   <configuration>
         <configLocation>my_checkstyle_config.xml</configLocation>
         </configuration>
  </plugin>
 </plugins>
 </reporting>
<build>
 <extensions>
      <extension>
        <groupId>build-tools</groupId>
        <artifactId>build-tools</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
      </extension>
    </extensions>
 </build>

The artifact build tools has got the xml my_checkstyle_config.xml in its
resources folder.

The problem is that the output that I receive after execution of the command
'mvn site' is the same report thet gets generated from eclipse for the
default sun_checks.xml configuration. The mvn site command is not picking up
my custom checkstyle.

Any pointers to possible solutions would be of great help to me.

Many Thanks
Shinjan

--
Dennis Lundberg