Tim thanks

I am finally able to reach the ant build file. I have moved the
<configuration> back into the <exections> as said by you, as I want the
pluging to run when my code is compiled, and dont want to run it stand
alone.

but the problem is the plugin does not run when i say mvn install or mvn
compile.

I have  <phase>generate-sources</phase> right now
the plugin does not run even if i change this to compile.

My ant task is this: it takes my application's the compiled class, uses the
ant's javadoc utility
to generate a .property file from the javadocs in the class.

Hpe you got this.

Please help me on how to run the task on its own when i say mvn install.

The plugin runs standalone only when I say mvn antrun:run