I am fairly new to Maven, and after a few days of playing around with it
and reading two pretty lengthy PDF's, I have managed to get it all to work
and create a nice jar file for my application, with all its dependencies.

However, I am having severe problems with adding resources, such that these
are packaged in the jar. For example, I have a gui/images folder that I'd
like included, so Java can find some image files when it looks in
org.git.systems.gui.images (that would be the actual path in the code). I
guess I'm just confused as to how to get Maven to include these sources (I
also don't really understand what is meant by not filtering resources...).

I thought that creating a new folder /src/main/resources was enough, and
that putting my resources there would suffice, but this does not seem to be
the case. I have tried placing the resources there, packaging the file, and
when I depackage the archive, my resources are nowhere to be found.

Thanks so much in advance, I can't wait to get this all working!

Mikel