From: Mikel Cármenes Cavia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 18/06/2008 9:52 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Use Maven2 to build from a CVS tag

I'm developing a tool that among other things, allows for the user to pick a
CVS version and build it with maven (this is part of the process anyways).
While I have not got as far as you seem to be yet, I do not know of any
automated way to do this.

Could you elaborate on how you use the maven release plugin? Does it
generate a pom file by itself?

I have successfully mavenized the file system, so that dependencies reside
inside of the resources folder and the code is in its right place, however I
haven't yet figured out how to go about generating a pom file to feed maven
with all the correct dependencies in it, keeping in mind inter-dependence
and whatnot (such that things aren't listed multiple times..)