Hi Martin!

2008/6/23 Martin Höller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> You probably didn't define a version for the maven-javadoc-plugin in this
> projects pom or a parent pom, so maven (prior to 2.0.9) defaults to
> RELEASE.

You were right, I didn't do that. I updated the parent pom and now I
can enter the validation phase but there I encounter the next problem:

The forked validate tries to compile all sources with compliance level
1.3 which will fail b/c we use generics etc. The strange thing is that
the parent pom sets the compiler plugin to compliance level 1.6, which
was never a problem, but somehow this setting is not carried over into
the release-pom.xml. Here is how the compiler plugin is configured in
the parent pom:

      <plugin>
        <version>2.0.2</version>
        <configuration>
          <!-- force to use JDK 1.6 -->
          <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
          <source>1.6</source>
          <target>1.6</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Why is this not present in the release-pom?

> Just define the version of all plugins you are using (best in a
> <dependencyManagement> section), which is a best practice anyway. This
> should solve your problem.

Never heard of the dependencyManagement before, will take a look.

Thanks!

Andre