Hi James,

Not possible to use mavens war plugin, as an external tool (Portlet
Factory) is creating the war file.
I need the packaging type to remain as war. This is  to ensure maven
correctly performs the install operation into the repository, as well as
the use of release plugin.
So I really need to be able to turn off maven performing any compiling java
files and assembling the war.

Cheers,
Sebastien Hadjifotis

             James William
             Dumay
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             com>                      "Maven Users List"
                                       <users@maven.apache.org>
             03/07/2008 11:03                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: How to stop maven from
             Please respond to         assembling war file
               "Maven Users
                   List"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                  he.org>

Sebastien,
I'm not sure you can do that. You *could* try to change the packaging
of your project from "war" to "jar" and see if that helps (But good
luck with that).

Id highly suggest that you use the maven war plugin.

Cheers
James