Thank you for the quick reply Luke - one thing I forgot to mention in my
trunk projects (sometimes with SNAPSHOT).   To futher add description to our
setup we are using the multiproject plugin.  As I was browsing through the
Net I found one feature dependencyManagement where I can list down all
versions of the project in one pom.xml ... unfortunately I cant see it
implemented in Maven 1