I have used Mavens filtering mechanism to substitute test vs. production
properties in my packaged web application with no problem.  However, I would
like to be able to not only substitute values within the properties files,
but also substitute different versions of the properties files themselves.

  For example, I am using Spring Framework in my application.  I would like
the ability to package application-context-test.xml or
application-context-production.xml depending on my target environment.  Can
Maven support this concept, or am I thinking about this all wrong?

Thanks.