From: Julien CARSIQUE [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 8:01 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: maven-dependency-plugin fails if pom.xml contains a submodule

Hi,

Using maven-dependency-plugin, I go a build error since I've add a module in the pom.

Principle is to be able to manage two different calls : from execution, libraries go in target/lib/ and from a command-line call (or Ant), libraries go into ${jboss.lib}. All worked fine until I added a module. Now, calls from command line unless we specify the "-N" option.

The plugin configuration is not inside a pluginManagement tag, so it shouldn't be inherited, does it ?

I got this error from the submodule, not from the module containing the dependency plugin configuration:
    [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for 'dependency:copy' [0] Inside the definition for plugin 'maven-dependency-plugin' specify the following:
    <configuration>
      <artifactItems>VALUE</artifactItems>
    </configuration>.

- using "-N" on the command line solve the problem - help:effective-pom result (ran on the failing child) doesn't contain any reference to dependency-plugin except this one in the
pluginManagement:
        <plugin>
          <version>2.0</version>
        </plugin>
- call from execution, during an "mvn package" for example succeed.

Here's my configuration :

  <modules>
    <module>aModule</module>
  </modules>

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <outputDirectory>${jboss.lib}</outputDirectory>
          <artifactItems>
            <artifactItem>
              <groupId>aGroupId</groupId>
              <artifactId>anArtifactId</artifactId>
              <version>aVersion</version>
              <overWrite>true</overWrite>
            </artifactItem>
          </artifactItems>
        </configuration>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>copy-installed</id>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>copy</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/lib</outputDirectory>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      <plugin>