While I could not determine a way to customize the manifest using
configuration in the was6-maven-plugin's  "ejb:ejb" goal... -- it turns out
that the technique, shown below, accomplishes what I wanted (i.e., running
the maven-ejb-plugin AFTER the  was6-maven-plugin):

<plugin>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <artifactId>was6-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <goals>
        <goal>clean</goal>
        <goal>ejbdeploy</goal>
      </goals>
    </execution>
  </executions>
  <configuration>
    <wasHome>${WAS_HOME}</wasHome>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-ejb-plugin</artifactId>
  <configuration>
    <archive>
      <manifest>
        <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>