Hello,

Sorry for may be stupid question...

I am a newbie maven 2 user. I am developing a small maven plugin and
try to use some properties, defined in the pom.xml of this plugin, as
parameters within a mojo of this plugin. My usage is very similar to
example from the maven book "maven-definitive-guide" on page 500
"Supplying Values for Mojo Parameters...". The pom.xml of the plugin
contains  (amongst others) the following property definition, i.e.
absolutely the same property definition as described in the book

<project ...

<properties>

<echo.message>Hello Everybody</echo.message>

</properties>

</project>

In my mojo I try to use also the example from the book:

/**

  * Any Object to print out.

  * @parameter expression="${ echo.message}"

 */

private Object message;

When I execute the method "execute()" and just  try to print out this
variable in simple

System.out.println("message:  "+ message);

Then I use this plugin in a project and just compile the project with
"mvn clean compile"...

I get only  the text  "message: [EMAIL PROTECTED]", but not a
value of the property. Why??? I also have tried to declare the variable
as String, but nothing work. It seems to be an empty object... Does
anybody know, what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Igor