I know that current default for maven-compiler-plugin is java 1.3 and that I
can override it in pom.xml file by adding source and target attributes to
the plugin configuration.
However I would prefer to override the default compiler version permanently
without having to include the plugin in pom.xml.
I don't see anything in the settings.xml that would allow me to do it. Is
that possible and if yes, can someone suggest how to do it?