The general approach used here can be seen in the checkstyle plugin - the
configuration is able to be provided at either a file, URL, or within a
repository artifact. The last option is the best since it makes advantage of
Maven's resolution and local caching but also makes it referencable from any
project regardless of the source hierachy.
If jalopy doesn't support this, you can use the dependency plugin to grab
the config, unpack it to the target directory, and then use it from there.

- Brett