Here are some relevant sections of my pom

 <packaging>jboss-esb</packaging>

<build>
    <resources>
      <resource>
        <filtering>true</filtering>
      </resource>
    </resources>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>jboss-packaging-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>