I'm currently having the same problem as below. Not migrating from ant
though, but I need to be able to filter different set of properties having
the same name.

I don't think it's possible to affect a specific filter to a chosen
resource.

To illustrate, let's say you have two instances of an FTP module in your
main application.
These modules must be given a properties file for configuration.
ftp1.properties and ftp2.properties. Those two properties files hold the
exact same set of properties.
If one need to filter them, for say, different staging environment, one has
to find a trick. Unless I'm mistaken.

i'm about to code a complex system of prefix to be given to these set of
properties to be able to differentiate them. After some thinking, I'd rather
be able to affect a specific filter to a resource and be able to configure
multiple filters.

Is this already possible with Maven? Has anyone be confronted with that
problem?

cheers