Test resources are not typically available in the packaged jars
produced by a given module.

Given what you've said (now that you've solved it), you should
probably look at creating a module with packaging test-jar that
bundles up the test resources you need to use across multiple modules.
Then you can use those test-jar modules in the other module's tests.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-attached-tests.html

Wayne