I wanted to create my own archetype...
I've prepared set of prototype sources which should be used as tempate for
creating new project. According to document "Guide to creating archetypes" I
should put them under src/main/resources/archetype-resources/. That's ok, I
put them there.
But then the user guide says that I have to put every prototype file name
(with full path) into archetype.xml file! What for? (I gave up at this
point, it is too much unnecessary work.)
What's the point of such data redundancy? If I have the complete file
structure under src/main/resources/archetype-resources/, then maven
archetype plugin should simply copy it when creating project from archetype.
Putting the list of those files in archetype.xml is waste of time.
Can somebody explain me why it was designed so?