You could create a profile which configures the build/finalname and
the compiler plugin. This should create the desired artifact.

ie:

<profiles>
      <profile>
           <id>1.5build</id>
           <build>
                 <finalName>${artifactId}-${version}-jdk1.5</finalName>
                 <plugins>
                         <plugin>
                               <!-- compiler plugin with target set to 1.5 -->
                         </plugin>
                 </plugins>
             </build>
         </profile>
</profiles>

Activate with mvn -P1.5build clean deploy.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

Iprofs BV.