Assuming you are successful, you should contribute it back via JIRA
for future inclusion in an ear plugin release. Then you won't need to
worry so much about maintaining you own branch with this relatively
minor addition.

I seem to recall someone else asking about this on the list, but it
was a while ago. So I suspect there are a few people who would benefit
from the enhancement. You might even check JIRA before doing anything
to make sure it hasn't already been done by someone else...

Wayne