On Wednesday 24 September 2008 18:42:27 mateamargo wrote:
> I have setted the version to 1.0-SNAPSHOT, but I need to know what's the
> current value. Is there a way to know that using any Maven API? or maybe
> generating a file after compiling?
>
> Thanks.

What you can do, is to perform resource filtering on a text file you package
into the jar, and then read this when querrying for the version. This is what
we do for a number of our software, and it works like a charm. (Check [1] if
you are unsure about what i mean)

If you want to include buildnumber, i think there is a build number generating
maven plugin you can use. I think i have seen something like that earlier.

Magne

[1] - http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/
--
Magne Nordtveit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>