Hi,

We use Maven in an environment where we have ca. 150 projects.
One project is the toplevel project (= the final deliverable to the customer/user). This project has dependencies to 10 projects, which have dependencies to other projects etc. In the end we have 150 different projects in the dependency hierachy.

The challange now is what happens if in one of the projects on the lowest level is bug. This means we have to branch from our released version to work on a patch and then release the patched version.

From my understanding the only way to do that is to branch all projects which depend on the "buggy" project. And the same has to be done for all levels up to toplevel project. Most low level components are referenced by multiple projects and therefore a patch-branch would afect ca. 30 projects :-( As you can imagine this can end up in a nightmare of manual steps and/or scripting.
Therefore I hope anybody has a better approach to that.

Is there a simple way to do that?
Any automation in Maven?
Any best practices?

Thanks