I'm working on a typical JEE application that will be deployed to JBoss.
(JBoss5 if it matters.) Things are going. I have a pretty standard setup:

Parent Module
     EJB-JAR Module
     JAR Module
     WEB Module
     EAR Module

Currently, however, I'm manually having to deal with certain files that I
need in JBoss:
*  datasource.xml files
*  jboss-service.xml
*  log4j.xml files
There will probably be some others as well.

What is the best way to deal with these files? Is the best practice to
create a directory in the parent module or ear module and just create some
custom ant task to move them around where they need to go? I couldn't find
much about a jboss maven plugin to help with these tasks, so I'm assuming
hooking in regular old ant is the way to go?

I'll also want to have certain variables in those files replaced with
variables from a profile (dev, test, prod) depending on what profile I'm
running. I'll look into that as well, since I'm sure there are some docs on
it, but are the any issues to be aware of since I'm guessing these aren't
standard files  that I'm dealing with so is using the replacement mechanism
more difficult?

Thanks