I asked this on the Grails user list, and haven't gotten any resolution yet,
so I'm posting here too. Hope no one minds.

I'm concerned about the size of my grails projects, and I'm wondering if the
use of the grails maven plugin will allow me to keep my jar files in my
repositories rather than in the lib directory and the plugins directories.
The dependencies I'd need would be specified in the pom as is normal for
maven projects, and kept either in a local repository or proxy.

This way, when I check in to svn it's much smaller and when I check out and
build it builds against the dependencies in the repository, rather than
keeping it in the project itself.

I tried to specify some of the jar files in the dependency list of the pom
file, but they didn't resolve, even though I made sure that the groupId and
artifactId matched what was in iblio or other repos.

Thanks,

--
Ed