Based on what you've said, I'd guess that the artifacts you are
depending on have not been installed in your local repo cache as yet.

Go into the directories where your various dependencies are located
and run "mvn install" on each one. Then go to your war project and try
"mvn install" again.

Alternatively, if you have a multi-module project set up, you should
be able to run "mvn install" from the top level directory and it will
sort out the proper order to build your modules etc which should help
avoid this error.

Wayne