From: Stephen Connolly [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 15 October 2008 06:41
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Want to exclude extra jars from war.

you have to add excludes sections to each of the dependencies that are
dragging them in...

of course, these dependencies should be dragging them in for a reason
(such as being required in order to function)

so one has to conclude either:
* you are trying to exclude them incorrectly
or
* the poms are listing optional dependencies as non-optional