Hi,
For one of our framework , I need to create a specific archetype so that it
will simplify  the creation processes  of new project , I try to follow
procedure describe in [1] with the  a sample archetype project .  It worked
fine and installed new archetype in to my local M2 repo also . but when I
try to use that archetype it gave some errors .

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-creating-archetypes.html

I try for this

mvn archetype:create     -DarchetypeGroupId=my
                                        -DarchetypeArtifactId=quickstart
                                        -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0
                                        -DgroupId=my.groupid
                                        -DartifactId=my-artifactId

then got following error .

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
GroupId: my
ArtifactId: quickstart
Version: 1.0.0
Reason: Unable to locate resource in repository

It seems new archetype is not installed properly , so I installed it several
times with the command provided with error message (   mvn
install:install-file  ............) and I notice  new archetype available on
my local repo with correct folder format too.

Do I have  upload  new archetype in to any remote M2 repo in order to  use
it ....?   we don't have any internal remote M2 repo , so is there any way
to solve this only using my local repo ?

Any suggestions?

Thanks ,

--
Sagara Gunathunga