Hi all,

I'm trying to use the scm plugin to bootstrap a project from a SVN
repository.

Using:

mvn scm:bootstrap -DconnectionUrl="scm:svn:$SCM_PATH"
-DscmVersion="$SCM_REVISION" -DscmVersionType="$SCM_REVISION_TYPE"
-Dusername="$SCM_USER" -Dpassword="$SCM_PWD" -Dgoals="install"

All works well

However, the end user of this script would like SVN to prompt for
username, password, and certificate trusting...

Per the svn scm provider plugin, I created a config file with
<useNonInteractive>false</>, which works: maven calls SVN without the
-non-interactive option.

However, it seems that maven doesn't pipe the svn command's inputs and
outputs:

            On windows (xp sp2), it just hangs (no cpu), as if it were
waiting for input, but there is no message

            On Solaris (5.6, sh), I do get a request for a password,
based on the current user (although this isn't the user I want to use,
this seems to be a logical svn behaviour), but doesn't react to input.

Has anyone had any success using the interactive mode for svn with the
scm plugin?

Also, are there any known plans on making the interactive mode available
via a -D switch? [Based on my reading of
maven-scm-provider-svn-commons-1.1-sources &
maven-scm-provider-svnexe-1.1-sources, there is nothing in that
direction so far]

My current workaround is to prompt for username & password in the
script, and pass these to maven, using the non-interactive default mode,
although this does not cater for certificate problems.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan Winterflood

Capgemini Ouest - Agence de Brest