Barrie Treloar wrote:
On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Sahoo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I just don't believe what I am seeing. Despite adding a particular
dependency directly in my pom.xml, maven reorders dependencies and hence we
get compilation failure. e.g., take a look at the pom.xml available at [1].
It declares a direct dependency on
       <dependency>
          <groupId>org.glassfish</groupId>
          <artifactId>javax.servlet</artifactId>
          <version>${project.version}</version>
       </dependency>

Yes.

Use 2.0.9

Dependencies were just HashMaps previously hence the order is random.
The dependency order is preserved in 2.0.9 but I cant remember what
ordering it used.
Sorry to ask again. Was the dependency order random in all versions previous to 2.0.9? I was under the impression that such was the case only in 2.0.8.

Thanks,
Sahoo