Hi Rémy,

I don't have an answer for you, but I just wanted to make a couple of points.

* you only run the release plugin on a snapshot version
* normally, a snapshot will be on the trunk or a branch
* release:prepare creates a tag with the non-snapshot version, which
is the "released code"
* if you then had the situation where you *didn't* move the version
numbers on, you would have a non-snapshot version on the trunk or a
branch.

This scenario makes it possible to have multiple builds of the same
version number with different code in it. If these were deployed to a
shared maven repository, there is no indication which one you are
looking at.

Having snapshot in the version makes it very clear that it is in a
transient state, and not released code.

Maybe if you explain why you want to do this, I can be of more help.

cheers,
Craig