From: Gabriel Garcia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:38 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Anone using the rpm-maven-plugin successfully?

I use it for a couple of small artifacts. It does lack of a lot of
functionality (check outstanding issues and discussions in codehaus).

If you already are generating the spec files and are happy to keep doing it,
I'd suggest you stick to it until the plugin grows in functionality.

My 2p.

Gabriel

2008/10/28 Kent Närling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Is anyone using the rpm-maven-plugin to generate practical rpm:s?
> My colleague is quite sceptical and prefers us to call a simple
> rpm-generation script from maven, should I try to concinve him not to?
> and why?
> ie. what advantages/disadvantages do we have from using a proper
> plugin instead of a script (for ONLY generating the actual RPM)?
> We are already quite used to writing SPEC files so that is not an issue...
>
> Also, we did run into the little "issue" that the plugin only takes
> ONE filemode setting which it applies to both the file AND the directory!!
>
> Thanks for any advice...

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from
Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information
contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or
non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws.
Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the
delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas
City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.