Once agian thanks Dave for qyuick response.

That's what I did to install manually the jar files in repo.

Are you saying that I could use any random group ids and artifacts ids to
install my jar files in local repo as long as it those match with my pom file ?

So I had lets suppose common-logging-1.2 jar file but I did not know the group
id and artifact id for this jar file so I search for this jar file on maven web
site and found group id(gid) and artifact id(aid)[some times there are more
group ids for same artifact id, how do you decide in that case ??) and use
those gid/aid to install jar file manually. I never created pom file manually
but when I issued mvn install then maven downloaded the pom files for jar files
itself and then some of those pom files have dependencies on other jar files
and at end I ended up with many un needed jar files..

Am I making any sense ?

Once again big thanks for all help. You people are awesome.

Thanks,

Petr