I've got a POM that packages up my code using the Assembly plugin, then it does some custom processing of the assembled code using the AntRun plugin. To accomplish this, I've got both plugins bound to the package phase so that they always run together.

This works okay, except that whenever I do "mvn install" the plugins get executed. I only want them to run if I do "mvn assembly:assembly". The Assembly plugin handles this, of course, but the AntRun plugin is another matter. It has to be bound to a lifecycle, otherwise it doesn't run.

Any suggestions on how to handle this? Thanks,

Trevor