2008/11/14 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,

That's because the lifecycle phase "package" also runs your unit tests...

you might consider

mvn package -DskipTests

which will avoid *running* the unit tests... it will still compile them
though.

for even faster turnaround

mvn package -Dmaven.test.skip=true

which will avoid *compiling or running* the unit tests.

Of course, for even faster deployment, I'd just go

mvn tomcat:run

which (assuming you've configured your pom correctly) will start a local
tomcat server from your in-place files... makes editing non-class changes a
breeze... and if you configure context reloading, you can even get the IDE
to just compile the changed files