Hello Guillaume,
I must say I've tried both with almost equal success, the one positive
advantage of the hierarchical option is that it allows the option of having
multiple depths of hierarchy without the quick growth of the number of
folders on a level. It also helps organize the structure when there's a
large number of sub-projects.

My 2 cents :-D